The COVID-19 pandemic has made an impact on every aspect of our lives. However, the businesses, be it small or large, still need to continue their marketing operations. And even if the business is not related to health, its marketing content is most likely to incorporate messages regarding COVID-19. However, the copywriters need to keep a few things in mind.
1. Adopt a more sensitive approach:
The spread of COVID-19 has affected a lot of individuals across the globe. To ensure the marketing content does not come off as insensitive to the readers, the copywriters need to be more careful with their writing. Here are some measures copywriters should adopt:
- Try to sound serious instead of using overly casual content
- Try to stress on the bright side; provide with some optimism
- Avoid using insensitive words like “contagious”, “infectious”, “viral”, etc.
- Take either a neutral or supportive stance
- Keep a contributing approach by offering some value to the audience
2. Be more accurate:
In this time of crisis, it is more important to stay accurate with the content to maintain the trust of the audience. If the content produced by the copywriters turns out to be inaccurate, it can only affect the overall results but also affect the brand’s reputation. Here’s how a copywriter can ensure accuracy:
- Use credible sources for COVID-19 news; preferably from WHO
- Use proper grammar to sound confident
- Inspire hope and forward-thinking through copywriting, but don’t overpromise
3. Modify the offers:
Google has put a ban on travel-related advertisements. However, from the business perspective, the brands need to continue advertising for their services during COVID-19. To ensure the advertisements don’t get banned by Google, the copywriters need to consider these:
- Handle the call to action button more sensitively
- Adjust the offerings and ensure the copy is aligned with COVID-19 measures
- Check the automated emails and scheduled posts and make necessary adjustments
4. Stay on track:
The copywriters are suggested to take a breather and calm down. With all the changes, it is easy to feel overwhelmed. However, these changes are affecting everyone. Nobody is alone in this. So, it is important to stay focused and adjust to those changes. Here are some tips for that:
- Prioritize the copies that you need to change according to the norms
- Keep track of all the changes you are making in the copies
- Don’t delete the good ideas and well-performing campaigns; keep them for future
One must maintain the copywriting standards while creating marketing copies during the COVID-19 pandemic. It can determine the success of the brand in this tough time.
Suhana is a passionate blogger and digital marketing enthusiast. Suhana Williams is one of the most talented assignment experts who also provide assignment help through Myassignmenthelp. She enjoys the ever-evolving world of digital marketing and loves to share her opinion on every possible update with her audience. When not creating magic with her words, you can find her sky-diving or trekking in the most bizarre locations.