The Work and Holiday Visa Subclass 462 has been designed for overseas applicants who are between 18 to 30 years. If you belong to this age group as well, then you can also apply for this visa. This visa actually allows you to work and enjoy a holiday spree in Australia together. To be precise, the 462 visa gives you the opportunity to afford your own holiday expenses via casual or temporary employment. This visa allows you to stay in Australia for 12 months and not more than that.
The eligibility criteria of the work and holiday visa 462 can be considered below.
- You should not bring your children with you while coming to Australia with this visa.
- As an applicant, you should be the holder of substantial passport.
- You should be aged between 18 to 30 years and not more than that.
- You should also have a reasonable knowledge in the English language
- You should also meet all the health, character and academic requirements properly.
- Do not miss out on showing adequate funds to the Australian immigration department.
- Make sure that you are holding a letter of support from the Home Ministry.
- Show evidence that proves that you didn’t visit Australia before either on the 417 or 462 visas. The 417 is a Working Holiday visa while the 462 visa is a Work and Holiday Visa.
The primary objective of the 462 visa is to let you work and fund your own holiday costs in Australia. Besides, whatever work you do, it would be considered as temporary simply to meet your travel costs. Most importantly, the duration of your serving period will be finalized according to the duration of your stay.
Does the 462 visa allow an extension?
Yes, of course it does provided if your 462 visa doesn’t have a ‘no further stay condition’. In case, your visa has a ‘no further stay condition’ it will already be mentioned in your visa grant letter. So, you can apply for some other Australian visas to extend your stay. Before that make sure that your Visa Subclass 462 doesn’t have a ‘no further stay condition’.
How to apply for the 462 visa?
There are chiefly 4 steps involved in applying for the visa subclass 462. These include getting all the essential documents ready first. After this you must fill out form 1208 from the Australian immigration office. Then you should make the payment of your visa and wait for the final decision. At last, obtain your 462 visa from your immigration office once it’s approved. Comprehensive bits of information about each of these steps can be considered below.
Gather the necessary documents
Prior to applying for your Visa 462 make sure that you have gathered some of the documents given below.
- A valid copy of your bank statement which proves that you possess adequate funds to afford your Australian stay. You at least need to show that you possess a fund of AUD 5,000 and not less than that.
- 2 copies of your passport sized photograph with a dimension of 45mmX35mm. Aside this, the printed copy of your name should be written on each of these photos.
- Your authentic birth certificate and
- Original copies of the first two biographical pages of your passport.
Remember, that when you are applying for this visa you must be outside Australia. That apart, if you are a passport holder of the United States, then you can apply online. Conversely, if you belong to countries like Chile, Bangladesh, Argentina or Thailand, then you have to apply offline. To do that, you have to fill out form number 1208 along with all these documents at your Australian immigration centre.
Apply and make the payment
After you have collected all these documents, fill out form no 1208 at your Australian immigration office. Do attach all the documents stated above in your application form. After this make the payment and wait for a final decision.
Obtain your 462 visa
Once your visa is approved, you will get a notification about that from your Australian immigration office. Then, you should turn up there and collect your 462 visa accordingly.
Inclusion of family members: Yes or No
The Australian Department of Home Affairs doesn’t allow you to include your family members with your 462 visa. On the contrary, your spouse or de facto partner is allowed to accompany you all the way to Australia. In order to do that, he/she must apply for a 462 visa separately. You also cannot bring your kids all the way to Australia with your Working and Holiday visa 462.
The validity period of the 462 visa
The Subclass 462 visa remains valid visa for the next 12 months from the date of your visa approval. This means the date on which you had entered Australia with this visa. Remember, if you travel outside Australia with this visa, it won’t be compensated by extending your 462 visa.
Signing the Australian Values Statement
If you are 18 years or more, you will need to sign the Australian Values Statement. This particular statement is provided in the declaration part of your application form. You need to sign the Australian values statement along with your application form. This lets you prove that you will abide by all the legal rules and regulations of Australia until your stay.
When do you need to reapply?
Once your visa is granted, you will need to enter Australia within 12 months from the date of its approval. On the contrary, if you fail to do that, your 462 visa will become invalid. In that case, you need to apply once again if you still want to come to Australia with this visa.
Get the best immigration assistance
So, do you want to apply for the Working and Holiday Visa Subclass as well? If yes, then get in touch with the best Migration Agent Perth right now. Your visa agent will provide you comprehensive guidance related to the application of your 462 visa. So, appoint a top-notch Visa Consultant Perth today and apply for the 462 visa successfully.