This article will give you a complete idea about the best VPNs for pc.
Nord VPN-Best VPNs For Pc
NordVPN is the # 1 best-selling VPN service in the world that provides fully secure channels, does not collect personal user data and does not keep logs. The service is based in Panama, where there is no internet censorship or tight government control. So, NordVPN appeared in 2012 and was originally conceived as a project to help return real freedom to the Internet from censorship and surveillance. In other words, the service serves a record 12 million customers around the world! However, the increase in the audience did not change the principles of the developers.
So, Nord VPN uses a variety of technologies to provide a secure and private connection, including blocking ads and malicious sites, and double encryption. Moreover, no one will be able to see exactly which sites you visit – even the Internet provider only has information about the fact of connecting via a VPN.
- The policy of complete refusal to keep logs and store any personal information of users.
- The company’s location in Panama allows it to maintain its independent status.
- Excellent performance indicators.
- Servers in 60 countries from different regions of the world.
- Supports up to 6 simultaneous connections on one account.
- Acceptance of payment in bitcoins.
- Monthly subscription cost.
- Windows programs.
- macOS and Linux.
- Apps for iOS, Android and Android TV.
- Extensions for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome.
Nord VPN only offers paid access, but there is a 7-day free trial period for Android. So, this guarantees a high level of service and eliminates the danger of selling users’ personal data – free VPNs often sin with this, discouraging costs by cooperating with advertising networks. The tariff for Nord VPN is one. In other words, the cost differs only depending on the length of the subscription.
- 1-month plan – $ 11.95.
- 1-year plan – $ 6.99 per month.
- 2-year plan – $ 4.99 per month.
- 3-year plan – $ 3.49 per month.
When you switch to a paid plan, you get access to almost 6,000 servers around the world and the ability to simultaneously establish a secure connection from 6 devices. Continuing subscription purchases also include a 30-day money-back guarantee for unused services.
Surfshark-Best VPNs For Pc
Surfshark is a reliable VPN provider that allows you to connect an unlimited number of devices on one account. So, it offers military-grade encryption and proprietary technologies to protect the traffic. By default, the service selects the fastest server for connection, but the user has the ability to specify the location manually.
Surfshark does not collect any information about users other than their email address and billing information to pay for the plan. Masking technologies allow you to hide the fact of using a VPN, even from an Internet service provider. In addition, the service guarantees that it will inform the user about attempts by law enforcement agencies or other organizations to find out his personal data.
- The unlimited number of devices on one account.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Refusal to keep logs.
- Maximum confidentiality.
- Productive servers.
- Supports P2P networks with no file size limits.
- Bypass blocking streaming services with the ability to watch videos in HD quality without long buffering.
- The fastest server that the application chooses automatically does not always show the best performance.
- Windows, macOS, Linux.
- Android, and iOS.
- Xbox and PlayStation.
- SMART TV, including Apple TV.
- Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox (extensions).
Mobile applications have a free trial period to test the service’s capabilities. You can use it for seven days. So, there are no restrictions – the speed is not cut, all servers are available in the list. After a week, the application requires a subscription to the tariff.
- The monthly cost is $ 11.95.
- Monthly cost if paid for a year – $ 5.99 ($ 71.88 one-time).
- Monthly cost if paid for 2 years – $ 1.99 ($ 47.76 one-time).
The VPN provider offers additional features for cleaning search results from advertising and referral links, as well as checking emails for compromise. The cost of services is $ 0.99 per month.
Firstly, Hotspot Shield is a popular VPN provider that has developed its own traffic encryption technology. So, their protocol is used by 70% of the world’s largest security companies. At the same time, technologies also remain available for ordinary users.
In other words, on the main page of the service, it is indicated that it does not collect, store and does not transfer personal data of users to anyone. However, judging by the license agreement, some depersonalized information may still be stored – in particular, the browser cache collected when connecting via a VPN.
- Servers in 70 countries of the world.
- Automatic selection of the optimal connection location.
- Reliable traffic encryption technologies.
- Built-in protection against malware, phishing and spam sites.
- Simultaneous connection of up to 5 devices from one account.
- The site is not available to users from Russia. To switch to it, you need to use another VPN.
- During the trial period, there are a lot of ads in apps.
- There is a clause in the license agreement that the VPN client can collect information about the user’s cache.
- Programs for Windows and macOS.
- Apps for Android and iOS.
- Extensions for Google Chrome.
For seven days, the program can be used free of charge without restrictions. Then you need to pay for the subscription. Its cost depends on the duration:
- One month plan – $ 12.99 per month.
- One year plan – $ 10.99 per month.
- 2-year plan – $ 9.99 per month.
Long term subscriptions have a 45-day money-back guarantee for unused services.
Best VPNs For Pc: TunnelBear
TunnelBear enforces personal data protection. This means that if the connection is interrupted, the service blocks traffic until the connection is restored. For TunnelBear, So, you can set the continuous operation mode – the application will start at system startup and automatically turn on after a reboot. So, this eliminates the need to establish a connection manually.
- Cross-platform. TunnelBear is available on all popular desktop and mobile operating systems and is also distributed as a browser extension.
- High level of security provided by the use of AES 256-bit encryption and additional features VigilantBear and GhostBear.
- Connect up to 5 devices simultaneously for free.
- The fastest start: download the application, select a server and lay a tunnel to it.
- Small choice of location – only 20 countries.
- Lack of servers in Eastern Europe, which negatively affects the connection speed for the majority of Internet users.
- Inability to connect to torrents.
- Desktop programs for Windows, macOS.
- Applications for Android, iOS.
- Extensions for browsers Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera.
The user receives 500 MB of free traffic every month, which can be transmitted over an encrypted channel. In other words, if 500 MB is not enough, you will have to switch to a paid plan. It offers unlimited traffic for five devices – no more extras. So, the cost of a paid service package depends on the length of the paid period. If you pay monthly, the price will be 590 rubles. When paying for a year in advance, a month will come out almost twice as cheap – about 360 rubles. But you need to understand that there is no money-back function on the service, so when buying for a long time, you need to be sure that a VPN will really be needed.
Best VPNs For Pc in 2020: Speedify
Speedify is a US VPN provider that emerged in 2014 and quickly gained a user base. The main feature of the service is the Channel Bonding function, which allows users to connect a large number of devices at the same time. VPN clients can use Wi-Fi, mobile data, and Bluetooth to increase their speed. Even if one of the communication channels is broken, the rest will keep the connection.
However, speedily offers a high level of protection. So, you can use 256-bit AES encryption or upgrade to the more powerful ChaCha20 algorithm on devices that support it.
- The free trial period for 30 days.
- Unique connection technology.
- We are using advanced encryption technologies.
- Refusal to keep logs with personal information.
- Individual, family and corporate subscriptions.
- Problems are accessing blocked content on some platforms such as Netflix.
- I am using only one security protocol, which allows ISPs to block access if desired quickly.
- Programs for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Apps for Android and iOS.
So, speedily has a free starter plan that offers 5GB of traffic per month per device. In other words, to remove the restriction on the amount of transferred data, you need to switch to a paid subscription. There are several options:
An individual tariff on which you can connect up to 5 devices from one account. Cost per month – $ 8.99, per year – $ 47.88.
Family subscription for five family members. Cost per month – $ 14.95, per year – $ 83.40.
Corporate rate. $ 3.99 / month or $ 47.88 / year per user.
So, at the corporate plan, you can purchase a dedicated server for $ 75 per month or $ 900 per year. In addition, the VPN provider also offers APIs to improve network performance.
Also Read: 6 Tips To Boost Your Business
Best VPNs For Pc: Hola VPN
Hola VPN is a community-supported P2P network. For its operation, no servers are needed – the service redirects traffic through the devices of other participants. This allows you to reduce the load since the transfer of data requires few computing resources, moreover, mainly computers are used that are idle at the moment. Hola is one of the best VPNs for pc.
Firstly, the flip side of this approach to building a network is the danger associated with the activities of other users. By registering with Hola, you give your IP address for free use (you can deny it on a paid subscription). So, this means that the address can be lit up as an exit point if the law is violated.
- Change the IP address to any other.
- An access system that does not depend on the performance of servers and is tied only to the number of users – the more there are, the higher the quality of the connection.
- The ability to prevent other network members from using your IP address.
- Simulate activity from other countries to bypass territorial blocking.
- We are accelerating the loading of some pages by hashing data on the devices of other network participants.
- Constantly emerging information about security and privacy issues, especially in the free version.
- The use of IP addresses of users as exit points, which is fraught with the appearance of problems with the law when other participants in the network carry out criminal activities.
- The need to buy a subscription to use the service on mobile devices.
- Windows, macOS, Android, iOS.
- Plugins for Chrome and Firefox.
- Smart TV app.
- Other products with built-in VPN: ad blocker, browser, business proxy, etc.
Hola is free to use on Windows and macOS computers. The app requires a subscription to run on Android and iOS. The paid version also allows you to connect to a virtual private network through one account from multiple devices (up to 10). Another advantage of subscribing is the ability to prevent other network members from using your IP address.
So, hola offers a paid service package called Plus. Its cost depends on the length of the paid period. When billed monthly, the subscription costs $ 11.95; annual subscription – $ 6.99 per month; 3 years – $ 2.99 per month.
Also Read: 5 Factors That Decide Fullerton
ExpressVPN: Best VPNs For Pc
Firstly, ExpressVPN is marketed as the fastest virtual private network. So, tests show that this is very similar to the truth. In other words, the high connection speed is achieved through the use of a large number of servers scattered around the world, optimization, unlimited bandwidth and no forced rate throttling.
So, the service is headquartered in the British Virgin Islands, where no data retention laws apply. ExpressVPN keeps logs: neither user activity nor connections are recorded. So, prevent unauthorized access to confidential data, the service uses the AES-256 algorithm to encrypt traffic, a kill switch, and split tunnelling.
- Choice of 94 countries to change location.
- More than 3000 servers are providing high speed and stable connection.
- So, the speed Test function to evaluate the connection speed and select the most efficient connection point.
- Lack of user logs.
- Fast and competent technical support.
- Only three devices on a paid subscription.
- High cost compared to other services.
- Lack of full localization into Russian.
- iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, Linux.
- Can be used in routers.
- So, extensions in Chrome and Firefox.
For all platforms, Express VPN offers one service package, the cost of which depends only on the length of the paid period. A 1-month subscription costs $ 12.95. When paying for six months, the price per month will be $ 9.99. With an annual subscription, each month will cost $ 8.32. All plans have a 30-day money-back option.
Also Read: Early Stage VC Funds?