Staying fit and healthy is essential for everyone. For this, you need a proper diet along with regular exercise. Today, people are more concerned about their health and fitness. With the most comfortable lifestyle, now people are not involved in any kind of physical activities. So, most of them join gyms and fitness clubs to maintain their fitness.
As we all know, the COVID-19 pandemic has turned the world upside down, every fitness center is closed due to this. For this reason, people are not allowed to go to the gym. As a result, everyone is depending on home workout, fitness trackers, weight watchers scale for staying fit. However, in this article, I will be sharing how a weight watchers scale can help you keep track of your fitness progress. In addition to that, you will find some tips on how to purchase the best weight watchers scale.
What is it?
Before I tell you how a weight watchers scale can help you in 2020, let me tell you what is it. You may have measured your weight on a weighing machine, right? What does it show in the dialler? You can measure your body weight using a weighing machine.
But can you measure your fat percentage or muscle mass from the weighing machine? Definitely no, but you can measure your body fat percentage and muscle mass using a weight watchers scale. Now you may think how can it measure your body fat percentage. No need to worry, I will tell you how it works.
How a Weight Watchers Scale Works?
The weight watchers scale works through a process known as bioelectrical impedance. In this process, a safe current pass through your body to measure the resistance. When you stand on the weight watchers scale, a safe current enters through on of your feet, and passes thought your body and returns to the device through the other feet. Now when the current travels through your body, you can’t feel anything.
After you step on the scale, it will first show you the total body weight, then it will blink and show you the fat percentage, and then it will show you the muscle mass. You might be thinking, how is it measured different percentages separately? To measure this there is a sensor in the device which uses a multi-step formula and calculates your fat percentage. As you know, current moves faster in water than in muscle than in fat and bone. So, if your body shows high resistance then you have a higher percentage of fat.
Now, one interesting thing is that you can measure your body weight and fat percentage on your own if you have a weight watchers scale. You don’t have to travel and consult a physician or fitness trainer for measuring your weight in this pandemic situation. So, you don’t have to go outside you can safely measure your weight and plan your workout and diet on your own. You can take the help of online tutorials for workout and diet plans. However, some people say that it is a waste of money because it shows inaccurate results. Is it true? Let’s find out, why so?
Do weight watchers’ scales give accurate results?
Many people don’t agree that it shows accurate results as the value in the scale fluctuates from time to time. To clarify this, here are these factors for which it shows different results.
- The water content of your body: One of the main reasons for such fluctuations in data is the water content of your body. In the summertime, or after a workout, or any physical work, our body loses water in the form of sweat whereas after drinking a lot of water your water level increases. Now if you measure in different situations then you will find different results on the scale.
- The temperature of your body: Secondly, the temperature of our body also changes from time to time. For example, after having food, the metabolic process releases heat and before food, there is no metabolic process. So, the temperature has also some effect on the data.
- Varying health conditions: Lastly, it will show different results while different health conditions. Because when we fall sick our water content, body temperature fluctuates and we lose or gain weight for various reasons. So, the data fluctuates during varying health conditions.
Tips for Buying a Weight Watcher Scale
Before you buy your weight, the watcher scale considers the following tips.
- First of all, set a budget before you buy a weight watcher scale if it is your first scale then consider buying a simple and low budget scale.
- Secondly, find a trusted and certified seller.
- Then read reviews of different brands of weight watchers scale.
- Compare the price with different scales considering the different features and materials.
- Never forget to read reviews, feedbacks, and comments of the real customers on different platforms like Amazon, or any other sites.
Moreover, modern scales come with advanced and smart features. For example, you can access the data on your smartphone by connecting it to the scale through Bluetooth. These data can be put into a health and fitness app to prepare your fitness plan.
Now you have known how the weight watchers scale can help you stay fit and healthy in this pandemic situation. So, if you have never owned a scale then this is the right time to buy and use it for tracking your fitness progress.
Moreover, you can set your digital ID and your family members can also set their own ID to measure the progress with modern weight watchers’ scales. More importantly, it can help you measure your body fat percentage and muscle mass at your home.
Also Read: Simple Ways To Improve Health
Ani Johnson is a passionate blogger. She loves to share her thoughts, ideas and experiences with the world through blogging. Ani Johnson is associated with Online Health Media & Follow The Fashion. You can also follow me at Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & LinkedIn.