Usually, when a business idea is formed, one thing is missing – good branding. As a rule, everything starts with the logo. And then a full-fledged corporate identity is formed: colors, fonts, etc. You can order a professional logo from a designer, or you can try to do it yourself.
Moreover, modern smartphones today can perform many functions – count calories, days, and time, plan the design of the house, and even manage it. Read more on apppearl. So you personally and your smartphone will cope with the issue of creating a logo!
This article describes online programs and logo apps that will help you develop a logo. They are all very easy to use and will not take long to study.
Logaster is one of the popular services for creating online branding. In just a couple of clicks, you will get a full-fledged logo. Just enter your company name and your logo is ready. You can also specify the slogan, scope, and preferred colors.
This resource is convenient because you can immediately see how the logo itself and other corporate identity items will look. Also, you can design corporate identity elements such as business cards, envelopes, letterheads, and favicons on the site.
Free Logo Design
An easy to use resource. On the main page, you enter the company name and business category and get a few logo options. Once you have chosen a suitable design, there is an option to change some elements: choose the right colors, location, add text, shapes, etc.
When registering, you need to specify an email where you will be sent the finished result. There is also an interesting blog on the site, where you can learn about the history of some logos and branding, as well as find tips on developing your design.
Free Logo Maker
Here you will have to try and show more of your imagination. To create a logo, you will have to choose your graphics and fonts. All components have many settings, and you can change any individual element. The service has a huge number of libraries divided into categories, so you can easily select the items you need.
This resource allows you to create a logo by random selection with the ability to further edit it. It is a very convenient function with a separate replacement of a graphical object or text. Some symbols can change individual components in layers. The logo is available for download in three formats: jpg, png, SVG.
Canva is a multi-functional service for creating not only logos but also banners, postcards, presentations, etc. The advantage is that the site has ready-made free templates. You can choose the layout of the future logo from existing ones, or you can create it yourself. If you don’t know where to start, there are always hints on the site. You can add your images if you already know what elements you want to use in the design.
The animation function is available, which is now important for creating animated logos. However, you can only use it for free for 30 days. The paid package includes functions such as sorting different design options by folder, creating corporate identity sets, adding custom fonts to the layout, and so on.
Hipster Logo Generator
A very easy-to-use resource. Creating a logo is divided into several steps. At each stage, there is a hint of what to do. First, you need to choose a shape for the future logo, then the location of the font, and any icons. Each object can change individual properties – fill, stroke, change color, transparency, and so on.
The online application has a large number of design tools available: brushes, filters, forms. The variety of fonts and stickers is especially pleasing. They will be useful in creating a logo. When saving the result, you can choose the format – jpg, png, JSON, as well as the quality of the source.
If you are not a designer and create a logo in simple applications, it is important to consider some rules. Let’s consider the rules that will help you implement your idea in the best possible way:
- Simplicity. Don’t use too many texts and graphic objects in your design. Everything should look concise.
- Versatility. The logo is the main unit of corporate identity. For this purpose, the brand book must contain the logo in color, black and white versions and inversions, various compositions, and sizes. If a logo consists of several elements (name and icon), it should still be associated with the brand separately. So check the logo for versatility before developing other elements.
- Uniqueness. Add some elements to the logo layout that are not repeated anywhere.
- Readability. The text of your logo should be visible, regardless of where it will be located: on a huge Billboard or a regular fountain pen.
- The color combination – it should be correct, not too provocative. A good choice of color can lead a logo to success. If not thought out, it will lead to failure. Therefore, choose the color carefully.
- Adaptability. Create multiple design options. Provide all options where the logo will be placed: advertising and printing products, business cards, banners, documents, etc.
- Emotionality. Your brand name should evoke the right associations among consumers and be appropriate depending on the business area.
- The flexibility of the idea concerning the brand. Start to implement the ideas with sketches. Make a drawing by hand. Literally from 5-10 options. Then see if there are some good ideas among your sketches. Whether the idea is visible in them. If nothing fits, reconsider your views on the idea and start again until you find 5-7 suitable sketches for yourself. When you find what you were looking for, start working through the drawing in detail. Keep the balance of graphics, colors, and lines. Each element of your logo should support the overall idea and composition and gently blend into the overall composition.
As you can see, you don’t need any super-skills or talents to create your logo. The main thing is to understand the idea and essence that your trademark will reflect. One look at a good logo should make it clear to users that the company offers quality products and services. Also, thanks to the catchy logo, market awareness among competitors increases, which leads to customer loyalty.